Questions about Titles

I’ve paid off my loan. When will I receive my title?

In most cases, CULS will mail your title within 10 business days of receipt of the payoff. However, the delivery times can vary based on the state you are in. For my information, please visit your state’s DMV and Title department.

I’ve been notified that I have an electronic title. What does that mean?

Most titles on vehicles are electronic titles. This means that the state has registered your title in an electronic database. When you pay off a lien on an electronic title, CULS will release its lien and update the release in the database. This allows for faster processing. With an electronic title, you may or may not receive a copy of your title, depending on your state of residence. Please contact your state’s DMV or Title department for more information.

What’s the difference between certified and non-certified funds?

Certified funds are guaranteed by a bank, credit union, or other financial institution. Cashier’s checks are the most common type of certified funds. Non-certified funds are payments that are not guaranteed. These include personal checks, money orders, phone payments, electronic bank transfers, and phone payments.